Before you head on for a family trip to the French Alps, it is best to be on the lookout for any hazards during your winter activities, especially when staying in a Ski Resort near mountains.
Weather disturbances can sometimes occur in the middle of your trip. It could lead to perilous events such as avalanches, which can take a serious toll on your family’s safety.
Always be on guard. Here are ways you can keep your loved ones free from danger when skiing in the French Alps:
Obey the signs
- Never ski on a closed run.
- Make sure that you only ski within your ability, and within a slope, you can conquer.
2. Be prepared
- Before skiing, prepare your equipment and find a nice hotel like https://tsanteleina.com/en/
- An avalanche transceiver, probe, and a shovel are handy devices that can help you increase your chances of survival when an avalanche strikes.
3. Store phone numbers of local rescue services
- Get emergency numbers the moment you step in your ski lodge resort.
- You never know when you’ll need these, but it pays to be ready.
4. Know the ski area
- Majority of the avalanches occur within a 30-degree slope. Thus, knowing the ski area will enable you to avoid skiing in zones that are avalanche-prone.
- Be familiar with the routes so you will not fall off a cliff or get lost along the way.
5. Travel in a team
- Look for people who have the same motive as you – to have fun and stay away from off-piste.
6. Talk to the locals
- This includes the staff at your ski resort or the local ski patrol.
- It never hurts to get more information about the people running the area.
Make the most out of your trip by keeping all your loved ones safe. We hope that the tips we’ve shared can make your winter getaway a tad more memorable. Traveling to the Alps shows that you want to spend a special moment with your friends, family and children. Going to the Alps is guaranteed to have a memorable time, because everything is planned so that vacationers are spoiled. Between restaurants, luxury hotels, clubs, bars, supermarkets and many activities, it is impossible to get bored during your holidays in the Alps. In addition, the activities are numerous and there is not only skiing in the Alps!
Indeed, you can make long walks on foot or snowshoes, tobogganing, funicular, hot air balloon, … You are spoiled for choice and that is why your vacation will be memorable. This place is unique to change air, purify itself, think of something else while having access to everyday elements. There are many offers and all budgets can find their happiness in the Alps. Whether you want to spend 200 or 20,000 euros a week, all possibilities exist in the Alps. From now on, organize your next stay as there is a lot of demand.